Friday, August 20, 2010

Not Galina but Galena

I've calmed down a little after my initial reaction today. I got a PM pretty much telling me off that I wanted to be Galina Khmeleva (who does lovely work, don't get me wrong).  I am not her, nor am I pretending to be. I didn't even know she existed when I picked this name.

I picked this name because I almost (1 semester short, before I decided that I didn't like it) had a geology degree. My favorite mineral was galena. It was metallic, with a high specific gravity. It's found near coal mining areas. I fell in love with it. It was also very pretty to say.  Also it began with a G and my name begins with a G.

I've gone by this nickname for about 7 years now, long before I was a knitter (I was crocheting at the time). I have several online friends, and even some in person that just know me as Galena. I see no reason to change it.

If you are looking for Galina and Orenburg lace, follow this link: http://www.skaska.com/about.html

No comments:

Post a Comment